26 February 2010

theories and philosophies

I found something.
Something that made me smile.
A tear even came to surface.

I found my design philosophy which was handed in to my contemporary design lecturer 2 years ago. This past week i have been determined to finalize me theories for my thesis, but most importantly for the theories to be implemented into a design language in a 3D space and for me to create a new design philosophy.

so here was the piece of paper which reminded me - whats it is all about...MY DESIGN PHILOSOPHY
"It is important to create an experience; an atmosphere; not just a room. One must taste the room, feel the room and automatically create an emotional connection to it.

Balance for the space is vital. It needs to balance the mind, body and soul so that the inhabitants release a high productivity yet in a relax and natural way... Balance is achieved by symmetry.

inspiration is achieved by voids and solids. Emotion is achieved by light, room temperature and proximity. Colour is played with to create moods. One feels comfortable with repetition of line, pattern and colour.

Spaces need to become a friend. One who you need to talk too; listen and relax with. Laugh and cry with. Our 'friend' protects us from the worldly stresses and must help us produce our daily task; thus circulation; texture and arrangements must release positivity...

A happy friend makes us happy... A happy environment makes happy inhabitants. We find ourselves within our friends and partners, therefore should we not find ourselves within environments and discover?!?