10 February 2010

my lightbulb moment

The other day, whilst doodling in my visual journal, i had an epiphany about what i wanted to achieve by the end of the year. This is what i wrote down....

“As designers we are history makers. When I started studying, I walked into my 1st year studio ready to design “4 wall” spaces. How Naive? After 4 years I will walk out ready to design spaces for people, to challenge their way of thinking and being. I will be designing better people. I will be designing better communities. I will designing how the world will behave and function in the future. As designers we design tangible spaces, hopefully beautifully designed for the function it serves which enable the inhabitants to best perform and function. This can be tangible and intangible. What is important is that the space gives meaning and identity to the inhabitants, the context and to the community. As designers, we are not just designing 4 walls – we are designing people.”

2 comments:

gingha_love said...

go check out my comment to charista's blog (the tink kat) regarding Interior design and who we are as professionals... and please feel free to share your thoughts [peace]

seabass said...

I'm so jealous... this is so cool that you guys can blog your year. You have such beautiful design words my friend... You are a true inspiration... Good luck.