14 May 2010

The picture came to life :)

So as you are aware of - my computer skills regarding 3D imagery isnt fantastic and is an area od life where I spent a lot of time and not much success. Well a week's worth of trying my best and I made a 3D animation, and yes - proud of myself! luckily my expo stand's material selection was mainly concrete and timber, which enabled the rendering process to be a "realistic timeframe". I started off with 260 frames, rendering in 10 minutes. The speed was great and I suppose the quality was average. I made some adjustments, added in posters and ended up with 580 frames which was rendered in roughly 45 mins - 1 hour. Compared to what my friend handed in last year and what my other class mates subnitted this year - i am sure to get a pass. HOLD THUMBS!

THINGS LEARNT: -

choose materails clearfully, make them if you have to. Translucent materials take for ever to render.
Choose lighting and light sources - wisely! (still a working progress)

Here are my Still Frames: -